Monday, November 19, 2012

My Mind Works in Mysterious Ways

You know that saying, "God works in mysterious ways."?
Before I get into story time, I would just like to point out that you could say this about pretty much anything.
For example, My toothbrush works in mysterious waysMy car works in mysterious ways, and my personal favorite, My hair works in mysterious ways.Try it! It's pretty fun!
Well, I thought it was entertaining...then again, my mind does work in mysterious ways.

Now, as a mature 19-year-old, I thought that I would have my noggin pretty much figured out.
thought that my brain was pretty simple. Even ordinary, at times! Nothing exciting going on up there!
And then it does weird things like...forget.
And not just any forgetting, simple forgets. Meaning, forgetting simple things.

I drew you a lovely diagram of my work(accompanied with a legend):
Let me explain.
I'm standing where my 'x' is, looking around to see what I need from the fridge.
I discover I need bacon! So I think to myself, I'm going to walk back to the fridge, and get bacon!


I try and focus on what I need to get in the fridge, but the walk is long and my not-so-simple grapefruit gets distracted. I usually forget completely at the second brown arrow, but continue walking to the fridge anyway. Because I know that the fridge is my destination.




And then I go back to my spot, like the thought of bacon never crossed my mind.

Until 20 bacon eaters come in all at once demanding bacon.

You all know how bacon lovers are...
And you see, suddenly my brain becomes complicated, kind of like the butterfly effect.
I forget something, and that leads to a mob.
If this didn't make any sense to you...well, I told you so.
My brain works in mysterious ways.

Thanks for reading, I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment