Friday, October 12, 2012

Glitterally.

Throughout my life I have been pretty much anti-sparkles OR glitter.
And for good reasons!
I absolutely cannot stand sparkles getting stuck on me! The get in your creases. They get everywhere! I loath them. They stick to you like there is no tomorrow.
But within the last two years or so, I've become tolerant. Mainly because I love shiny things, okay?

So when I want to buy an article of clothing that is glittery/sparkly, I do the test.
Which consists of me rubbing my hands against the clothing, and if any sparkle(even one single shiny glitter speck) is left over on my hands, I run.

BUT! If there is nothing, then I welcome it to my closet with open arms(:

My TOMS, for example, have been chosen and accepted! I love these shoes.
They passed the test, and add a little glam to your outfit!
SO before you go buying me sparkly things, do the Glitterally Test. Because the glitter literally sticks!

I guess, in a way, this section of my life I can relate to the book, Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Suess.
Here is my version:
I did not like sparkles and glitter!
I did not like them, I felt bitter!

The way they stuck on my face,
in my creases, an awkward place.

Armpits, legpits, elbowpits, galore!
They continued to irritate me more and more!

Never ending, I thought they were
Until I discovered a new shiny shirt.

I touched and I rubbed it
And there the glitter stayed
I thought to myself,
You must come home to my place!




I should write children books.

No comments:

Post a Comment