Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Chris and I: A history Vol. i

I thought I would tell you all the beginning of Chris and I.
A little history of this adorable couple.
But before I get into how we met, I want to give you a history on…well, me.

Now, I have lived in Sacramento most of my life. I say most because there was a time when I was about 7 years old that I lived in Northern Salt Lake. Lasted about 6 months.
Okay, I’ve lived in Sacramento all my life.
I’ve moved around inside Sacramento a lot. I mean a lot.
Roseville, Rancho Cordova, Elk Grove, Rosemont, Elk Grove again…there was a time I lived in Ione, but I consider that part of Sacramento anyway…but it’s not. I know.

I also want you to know that I spent most of my years as a teenager in the Sacramento Cordova Stake.
I’m talking from 12-14, and then 16-17. (I lived in Elk Grove in between there when I was 15, and I moved to Utah when I was 17.)
I participated in a lot of youth activities in this stake, including the temple jubilee.
I met a lot of people, made a lot of friends. I really thought I knew all the youth in that stake. I thought I knew OF everyone, at the least!
Oh, but how wrong I was…

Let us go back to the year 2010. Seems like yesterday—wait a minute, I sound like an old person!
Omgosh lol brb rofl wtheck u r dnt thx ttyl
Young again! Haha.

It was February of 2010, I was 16 ½.
I can’t remember the reason(inspiration perhaps?), but for some reason my Dad and I were attending the Brighton Ward Sacrament meeting. Afterward, Nathan Dyke came up to me and was trying to convince me to go with him to second hour Sunday school.

History of Nathan and I:
Nathan is my age.
Nathan was my dance partner in the temple jubilee (awkward little 12 year olds, you can imagine).
Nathan’s older brother and my older sister dated.
Everything between Nathan and I was awkward. We were awkward friends, but friends nonetheless.

I was completely sure I was not going with him to second hour, and if you knew Nathan, you wouldn’t go either. Hahaha, I’m kidding, Nathan is a nice boy.
But that doesn’t change the fact that I was not going with him to second hour…until my Dad stepped in, oh boy.
My Dad. My Dad. My Dad.
My clever father suggested something to Nathan about my phone number…yay!
I was suddenly so eager to get to that Sunday school class and to get Nathan and my Dad away from each other as soon as possible before Dad started slipping Nathan my digits.
I literally started pushing Nathan out into the hall, away from my padre, and then we were off to that class.

We got to the classroom, and I knew pretty much everyone there.
I sat down like a normal person.
I conversed like a normal person.
Everything was ordinary.

I’ve noticed that when things seem ordinary in my life, they’re actually not.

The door to the classroom is off to the left diagonally behind us.
I heard it open.
Naturally, I was going to turn my head to see who it was.

AND WHEN I DID I KID YOU NOT, PEOPLE, MY HEAD TURNED IN SLOW MOTION LIKE IT WAS A MOVIE.

He walked into the room, and I stared. I’m not one for staring, nor do I believe love at first site.
But, oh man, I thought to myself…

This is where you are going to hate me.
I’m going to leave you in suspense.
I love you all, but until next time!

To be continued…

2 comments:

  1. OMGOONESS!!!! you little Rascal you!!! you can't leave us hanging for long!!

    By the way, I rather enjoy your writing style. It's got good flow and very entertaining! :)

    ReplyDelete